The Jewel International Kite Festival
The Jewel International Kite Festival will be a spectacular day of visually exciting kite displays, with the iconic Pacific Ocean as the backdrop. We invite you to experience the wonders of the Jewel Beachfront and beautiful natural landscape of Surfers Paradise Beach.
This is a free community event – Sunday 30 September 11am to 7pm.
– Stunning kite displays from professional kite artists
– Kite making workshops with nationally and internationally renowned kite masters
– Interactive children’s entertainment
– Food trucks from some of your local favourites
– Participate in a lantern parade at dusk along the beachfront
Follow the facebook page for updates.
PLANNING YOUR JOURNEY
The festival will be held at the Jewel beachfront (34-44 Old Burleigh Road, Surfers Paradise) and will be accessible from Wharf Road.
Street parking around the precinct is limited. You can ride the G:Link and walk a short 550 metres to the beachfront.
Park and walk along the beach – 30 minute walk from Surfers Paradise Beach or 20 minute walk from Broadbeach (Kurrawa Park).
Pick up a copy of the Gold Coast Bulletin on Friday 28 September, bring your kite making template to the Jewel International Kite Festival on Sunday and bring it to the Information Tent entry box for your chance to win a $500 shopping voucher.